Friday, November 20, 2009

The spirit of a believer

Bismillah.

The Prophet (s.a.w) said: "When a (faithful) man dies, enters his grave and successfully answers the angels Munkar and Nakeer, his spirit will be given the permission to ascend to Him and to prostrate to Him with a group of angels. So He will receive it, and what has been veiled from it will be revealed to it. It then will be carried to Paradise where the spirits of the righteous persons are. They will receive it and ask it about its state of affairs and about the affairs of this world. It will answer them with what it knows about that. They will then ask it: "What about so-and-so?" It will say: "He died before me." They will reply: "He did not arrive to us. There is no might nor strength but by Allah, the High, the Great. He must have been thrown in the bottomless pit (of Fire). Then the spirit will be put inside the craw of a green bird which feeds on the plants in Paradise and resorts to a lamp suspended beneath the Throne."

This is the description of the encounter of the majority of believers ('Alayhim salam Allah ta'ala wa tahiyyatih). O Allah, include us among them and make us live as they live and die as they die! Ameen. - Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani in Jila' al-Khatir.

___________________________________________
AL-FATIHAH

ALLAHYARHAMAH HAJJAH JAMILAH EUNOS

21 OCTOBER 2009


I had arrived at the majlis zikr rather late. Sister Jamilah greeted me with her usual wide grin. As I was settling down she took out the above photo from her purse, placed it in my palm and whispered "This is how I should look like when I am healthy. I am now 80 years old plus, I'm afraid you might not recognize me in case I regain my health!'

Allahu Allah. I was taken by surprise. She could have waited until after Habib Ali's class was over but she didn't. Unsure how to react, I whispered back, "Let's take a photo together afterwards." Later after Isha prayers she hurriedly asked me to write down my contact details in her note book and save her mobile number (yet again). We then took our first picture together.

At KL Ba'Alawi - April 2009

I had only known this charming lady early this year. The second time we met was at Ustaz Shamsul's class in Kg. Baru. That's when she gifted me with a book on Asmaul Husna. And then, we met again at a Mawlid in Jenderam. Sister Jamilah was a regular at Al-Jenderami events. Despite her weak health condition she busied herself by attending majlis zikr in and around KL. She was a follower of Ahmadiah Tariqah and needless to say she had a high himmah in seeking knowledge. The last time we were together was on 15 Ramadhan at KL Ba'alawi. We prayed Taraweeh in the same saf...

Alas... she's now resting in a different saf altogether while I wait for my turn to come. If you asked me what I'd say to her if I saw her in heaven, the first thing I would say is "Sister, I'm sorry I had missed your call!" I absolutely regret my carelessness and I deeply regret not being there in Seremban to kiss her goodbye.

May I humbly repeat the du'a made by Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani above: O Allah, include us among the believers and make us live as they live and die as they die! Ameen.

Al-Fatihah to Allahyarhamah Jamilah!

No comments:

Post a Comment