Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Who is the real teacher?

Bismillah.

O son, I will reiterate that each posting is done with Bismillah. Therefore, understand why I say I am not bothered by people who thought that "people should not reveal their spiritual activities and that people should not divulge 'classified' wirids practised by a certain wali."

Know that no one learns from books' authors. No one learns from bloggers. Teachers or anyone for that matter, may pour out a good amount of knowledge to you but know that whatever knowledge you eventually have in your breast is what He gathers in your breast. Who is the real teacher? The answer is: Hu is the real Teacher.

Our duty is simply to fear Him so He might teach us. He says in Al-Baqarah: 282
"And fear Allah and Allah will teach you."

My murshid always insist that he knows nothing, so who am I to claim that I know something? This blog is not to show you that I know something. I am learning with you bi-iznillah.

Know that Shaykh Ibn al-Arabi insisted that it was not he who wrote Futuhat al-Makkiyah but it was the divine Pen. Habib Yusuf  Bakhour al-Hassani during a recent sohba reminded us not to ever think that we are the doer of anything that we do. So who am I to claim my I-ness?

O son, may we belong with those who truthfully believe in As-Saffat 96: That it is He who creates us and all that we do. Wallah hu qolakhokum wama taqmalun. May we belong with those who not only understand but also witness what it means by wahdatul af'al. May we belong with those who are granted gnosis so that we truly understand what tawhid is.

O son, I am not one who is apologetic about my faith. I will keep sharing for as long as He wants it from me, InshaAllah. By God and His beloved Messenger, I will keep spreading whatever useful knowledge I come across even if they throw stones at me and break my teeth. But if He wills that I stop, I would, because whatever God wills to happen, happens.

Ultimately, a true believer is one who understands and lives the meaning of La hawla wala quwata illah billah hil 'aliyil azim. There is no power and no strength save with Allah, the High, the Great.

AllahHu AllahHu AllahHu Haq!













2 comments:

  1. Bismillah
    As-salaam alaykum from Montreal, Canada.
    Masha'Allah, Hajjah! It's just my little opinion, but by Mawlana's barakah this is among the very best blogs out there. It seems totally unpretentious, and we look forward to reading it. May Allah Subhanu wa ta3ala support your efforts for the sake of his Beloved (saws).

    Alf Salaam
    Baha'uddin,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaikumsalam warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
    Dearest Baha'uddin,
    It's so nice to hear from someone in Montreal. I'm instantly reminded of the joyous hadrah held there. It was one of the merriest hadrah I've ever seen!
    You are absolutely right brother, without barakah from Mawlana, we are nothing! Zindabad Mawlana Shaykh Nazim! And thank you very much indeed for your du'a and kind words.
    May we become nahnu ansarullah - the helpers of Allah.

    Allahuma salli ala Saidina Muhammad kulama zakaraz zakirun.

    - Ezza

    ReplyDelete