Monday, March 15, 2010

You are a hypocrite!


Bismillah.

O son, I think I have been a hypocrite. And I think I cannot be wrong because this morning as I flipped open Jila' al Khatir (Purification of the Mind) seeking for some counsel from Ghawth al-Azam, Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, I saw this paragraph shouting at me.

Have you not known that the hypocrite "is in the lowest depth of the Fire"?! (Qur'an 4: 145)
Surrender and then repent. Do something before death surprises you, before you are overtaken suddenly and end up in regret when regret is of no good at all. I know you but I cannot point to you. We are commanded in the Law to leave you and others unexposed. But I speak out, though, without mentioning names. I refer to you indirectly, without pointing to you explicitly. As the saying goes: "My words are in fact aimed at you, so listen to what I am going to say to my neighbor." The slave may need to be beaten with a stick but a nod should be enough for a free man. The True one (Ta'ala) looks at the private and public lives of the creatures and also at their hearts. He does not accept from them other than that which they offer to Him and do for the sake of His countenance. Do not put a show of artificial behavior, do not cheat and do not try to conceal your faults for "He knows the secret and that which is yet more hidden." (Qur'an 20:7)
"He knows the deception of the eyes and that which the chests conceal." (Qur'an 40:19)

So with that I shall take a break from posting entries on Lisan al-Din for ONE week or until I could write to you with a clear conscience and with better sincerity. InshaAllah. La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minaz zalimin. May Allah continue to guide us, keep us on the Straight Path and grant us husnul khatimah. Ameen. Madad Ya Sayyidi, Madad Ya Rasulullah!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment