Monday, March 22, 2010

A point of view

Bismillah.

O son, a week break from Lisan al-Din had given me time to listen and reflect.

So I listened to caring people who cautioned me about the presence of some un-friendly Sufi monitors. No I am not a Sufi and they are not monitoring me. I just happen to love the Sufis and unfortunately that might be a problem to some people who don't. I therefore, adjusted my sail since I could not control the wind; made a few changes here and there but you should not mind because Lisan al-Din after all is for my sons. And on Lisan al-Din love rules!

I also listened to requests from like-minded friends who asked me to keep sharing (not teaching) especially one particular blessing that I have been given in the last weekend. Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. What happened was, one wali loves one mu'aleem so he taught him some wirids because he wanted him purified and be good. That mu'aleem in turn love a bunch of us so he taught us the wirids so we too would be purified and be good. So what I will do is put that love and sharing on record here later and ignore any clouded minds out there.

Yes of course you could learn durood/salawat, istighfar and zikr from anywhere and anyone. But some prescribed wirids have got to be more precious than others as we got to learn them from extra-ordinary people whom we love and who love us. May Allah continue to raise our gurus' maqam, give them a long healthy life so we could benefit from their presence and barakah for the longest time. And may Allah continue to make our hearts an abode for awliya, Rasulullah s.a.w and Allah s.w.t. 

And the disclaimer for Lisan al-Din remains
La hawla wala quwwata illah billah hil 'Aliyil 'Azim
There is no power and no strength save with Allah the High the Great.

Yours sincerely,
E. Ismail

No comments:

Post a Comment