Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ikhwan Muslimin - Friends in Faith


Bismillah.

O son, we have met and will meet many people in our journey to the Lord of Truth. Some crossed our path and stopped by, seemingly for a good intention. And then we come to realize that they are not that genuine after all. So we move on. Some are simply sincere and loveable. I have quoted Hassan al-Basri before, how much he treasures friends in faith more than his family. 

One friend whom I will testify as a friend in faith is Syed Mustafa. He is among the crowd in the picture above. One, who despite being a male has shown me so much adab and politeness than any other male friend I have ever known. Alhamdulillah. As a woman (and single), I have met many who are not worth mentioning here. So it soothes my heart to have made valuable friendships with some honorable men like him.

I have every reason to believe that he comes from a respectable lineage. His spiritual experiences and amazing dreams are proof that he is a man of taqwa. I just want to say thanks to him publicly for the words of advice and encouragement that he has been giving me. May we belong to one of the seven groups of people whom Allah promise protection on the Day of Resurrection - that is two friends who meet and part for the sake of Allah. Ameen.

The Imam of the Naqshbandi Tariqa, Shaykh Bahauddin Naqshbandi said:
"طريقتنا الصحبة والخير في الجمعية
Tariqatuna as-suhbah wa'l-khayru fi'l- jam`iyyah
“Our way is fellowship, and the goodness is in the gathering.”
__________________________________
p/s Brother Syed, please come visit us in KL again and again! My love to you, your family and Sis Rizwana too.

No comments:

Post a Comment