Sunday, October 31, 2010

Praying for one another

Bismillah.

A'uzubillahi-minashaytan-nirajeem.
Madad ya Sayyidi, madad ya Rasulullah.

Up until a few weeks ago I didn't know of any good/proper du'a to say when people asked me to make du'a for them. I did say a prayer for them but I thought it's not good enough, that there's something lacking in the manner and contents of the du'a. So I got nervous everytime people say: please remember me in your du'a, please make du'a for me. But we are all weak and we respect one another so we ask du'a from one another.

Alhamdulillah, barakah Habib Umar bin Hafiz who was generous enough to give an ijazah on Ratib al-Haddad recently, I realized something in the Ratib. No doubt, I've read it many times before but I was not able to comprehend the meanings of some of the wirid in it, mainly because I don't understand Arabic and mostly because I am so veiled! Only with the barakah of special people like habaib and our mashaikh do the veils get removed little by little, bi-iznillah. So Alhamdulillah!

O visitors, readers, followers and friends of this blog, I want you to know that I appreciate your presence and support, and I am in need of your continued du'a. I also want you to know that I am beginning to truly remember you in my du'a. InshaAllah.

How? There is one line in Ratib al-Haddad that ask Allah to forgive our parents, our children, our mashaikh; those who do good to us (that's you); those who have asked us to pray for them (that's some of you); muslimin, muslimat, mukminin and mukminat (that's all of you!).

Allahumaqfirlana wa liwalidina wal auladina
wa li mashaikhina fid deen
wa liman ahsana ilaina
wa liman au so naa bid du'a'
wa li jami'il muslimin na wal muslimat
wal mukminin na wal mukminatil ahya iminhum  wal amwat










O people,
Please remember me as I remember you in my du'a.
Jazakumullah. Thank you all!
And may Allah make us istiqamah in doing our awrad.
Ameen Allahumma ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment