Saturday, May 28, 2011

Having the right vision (Hajj Travelogue 1)

Bismillah.

We wish to state the obvious. We have over the past decade learned that having someone to guide us on matters of spirituality has given us a good vision of the route ahead. Alhamdulillahil lazi hadana li haza wama kunna linah tadiya lau la an hada nallah. Alhamdulillah that we've learned this phrase by heart. We often say it meaningfully for we know how blurry things had been before. Praise be to Allah, Who has guided us to this. We would not have been guided had Allah not guided us.

We have been encouraged to perform hajj as soon as we could. As a means to direct our subconscious faculty to work at achieving the goal, we had set up a countdown clock aimed towards the big day at Arafah, InshaAllah. What can one who has a hundred constraints do other than to first prepare herself mentally. La hawla wala quwatta illah billah.

Then we learned, hajj mabrur is not only a goal one should target post-hajj. Hajj mabrur should ideally be aspired to before, during and after hajj. Oh we are struggling and falling every now and then in this 'before' episode. We are taking baby steps no doubt. That much we could do.

Today, we have gone to correct our vision, literally. In an effort to ensure our hajj routine will not be marred by any foreseeable inconveniences, we have ordered a pair of 'hajj glasses'. Yes. that's what it is. We are excited and nervous at the same time because we know not whether the authority will let us have the ticket or if the powers that be will ultimately issue an invite. Oh, it's nerve wracking but we keep our hopes high and do our bit even though it's only Jamadil Akhir. But Rejab is just around the corner mind you.

Then later after getting our vision fixed,  as we were browsing the 'Religion' shelf at Kinokuniya, our eyes landed on a signal from our Lord - a book called 'One Thousand Roads to Mecca'. Subhanallah. This book has in a way sealed our plan of making our own hajj travelogue InshaAllah.

And this brief posting serves as our first note, bismillah.

May Allah equip us with the best of preparations for a trip which we would assume nothing except death and victory at meeting our Lord.
Labbaik Allah humma labbaik
Here I am at your service O Lord!


Wallahu a'lam.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. This post has struck a chord in my heart. You know ever since your initial post I stuck 'Hajj Mabrur' all over my post it notes, I have even been accumlating anything hajj related - images, leaflets - there is one in my wardrobe. I have even been having frequent thoughts about Hajj (could this be due to my subconsicous) we know that good dreams are from Allah swt. I keep admonishing my silly self that these are signs that I need to prepare, that I should create a Hajj plan, that I need to realise and revise what I need to make it a Hajj mabrur.

    I too will put my glasses on. I too want to meet you at Arafah inshallah. I will get preparing, bizniallah, I cannot thank Allah enough for bringing yourself to my attention! Bless you Ezza!

    Love you much for the sake of Allah swt.

    R.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear R,
    MashaAllah Tabarakallah! Your comments often made me speechless you know.

    May Allah grant us all Hajj Mabrur.

    It should not matter too much what will or will not take place in future as Allah knows best on the appointed time for events to occur. What matters most now is that we have made an intention. Pray that our niyyat and efforts are already counted bi-iznilllah.

    Love you too!
    E

    ReplyDelete