Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrap up the past | Unwrap the present


Bismillah.

We observe the arrival of the new Islamic Hijri year, no doubt. And some of us shy away from celebrating the other new year. I think that's perfectly alright because we are all unanimously against any ghaflah and evil acts associated with the new year celebration. Alhamdulillah, Allah has granted us the consciousness of what's right and what's wrong.

Alhamdulillah, He has saved me from being one of those who celebrates the new year in a jahiliyah manner. Because I used to walk that path, I have become tolerant and understanding towards those who party to the max on new year's eve. May Allah guide them as He has guided me. Mistakes are good if we learn from them. And I quote these comforting words of Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id al-Jamal ar-Rafa’i ash-Shaduli of the Sufi University.

He said: "Mistakes are part of the master plan and bring us closer because we realize we need God.' For that reason he does not regret mistakes because "Allah, (God) says, ‘Oh My People! If you did not make mistakes, how could you know me? I am the Forgiver. I want to hear your voice calling me for Forgiveness, Mercy and Guidance. The mistake is a gate to righteousness. Through the gate of the mistake, most of my beloveds come to reach me.”

As we welcome 2012, let's wrap up the past and put it aside. Just wrap up all the heartaches and failures of 2011, although I don't agree with the word failure because it's not a finite thing, it's just another experience, another action of Allah.

As we welcome 2012, let's unwrap the gifts of the present, in each moment. For in every moment He reveals Himself to us in His infinite manifestations, with infinite beauty and mercy. So let's just smile for verily He is with us.

La ilaha illAllah Muhammad Rasulullah
fi kulli lamhatin
wa nafasin
'adadama wasi'ahu ilmullah.
May we live the reality of witnessing Allah and Rasulullah s.a.w in every vision, with every breath, far and wide as is His knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. MashaAllah..Shahirah Elaiza, I browsed your blog yesterday, one clever, gorgeous and talented young lady! Wish you abundant joy and success in 2012 and beyond : )
    E

    ReplyDelete