Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rain of mercy | Love is messy?

KL Sunday at 5.35 pm

Bismillah.

Allahumma soyyiban nafi'a. May Allah pour that which is beneficial.

It's Sunday, it's been hot and humid and suddenly He pours His generosity. Subhanallah.

It's weekend, it's a long weekend in Malaysia as the country celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year. To me, it's time to enjoy some quiet time after several hectic weeks at work, and it's a good opportunity to catch up with this blog. Alhamdulillah, I am grateful to have received words of support from some righteous personalities. I am humbled and ashamed to be honest with you because I am not what many of you think I am. Still, I pray Allah will make me better than what you may perceive. And that Allah will reward you for having an excellent opinion of others.

While busy with work and running around, I sought comfort in, among others, Garrett's popcorn of Chicago. I kinda like their tagline printed on their brown serviette - "Love is messy." Love is perhaps like a corn kernel popping in the hot oven, so full of energy, and you'll never know which direction it would make you go. You just let it overcome you and it doesn't matter what happens, it cannot matter because it's so overpowering, you just have to go with it.



I think love is not messy to those enraptured by it, as in the case of Layla & Majnun, it could be messy to those who do not experience it, those who are outside looking in. I read a tweet by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani and it put a smile on my face - "Majnun would stare at the full moon. When asked why, he said, maybe Layla might look too, and our glances meet."

Does that sound like messy to you?
To each his own.

2 comments:

  1. assalamualaikum, saya nak share ayat ni di FB saya boleh tak "Majnun would stare at the full moon. When asked why, he said, maybe Layla might look too, and our glances meet.".....suka sangat ayat ni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaykumSalam,
    Haih...bukan ayat saya tu, sebab tu ada 'quotation marks'.
    Memang majnun betulkan ayat tu : )

    Terima kasih.
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete