Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blessings of the sun


Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah for the blessings of the sun. That's sunrise at Sheraton Langkawi this morning!

I'm never going to pretend to be pious but I am grateful for God's inspiration and tawfiq that everytime I am caught in the sunlight I'm reminded of a verse in Surah Yaasin - was shamsu tajri limus taqarrin laha, zalikal taqdirul azizil 'alim - "And the sun is quickly proceeding towards its destination. That is the designing of the Almighty and the All-Knowing."

Alhamdulillah for the opportunity to chill. By the way, if you liked my tote bag and matching hat, come shop in Malaysia, I got them for about 6 pounds or Ringgit Malaysia 30.

Of course I am proud to be a Malaysian, it's a beautiful country. Amazing how Allah had decided in which country we're born and in which land we shall die, and everything that happens in between. Subhanallah.

Oh, I watched a show on TV last night, about a remarkable Malaysian singing-lawyer who passed away in February twenty years ago. He left us with this beautiful song. I wonder if people would still remember us after 20 years of our passing? What will we have left for people to remember us by? Think about it and ponder over these meaningful lyrics:

"There's a gift I'd like to give you
That can't be bought or sold
A ray of sunshine across the waters
That comes straight from the soul

Let us join our hands together
To bind the colours of our skin
A rainbow under God's great heaven
A sign that love will always win

One thousand million smiles
I bring to you across the miles
In my land of sunshine
Or in your land of snow
Makes no difference where you are
If you let your feeling show..."

One thousand million smiles,
-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment