Sunday, October 28, 2012

12th Dhulhijjah 1433H | On pebbles and devils


 Pic: AP/Hassan Amar


Bismillah.

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
LailahaillAllahu wallahu Akbar
Allahu Akbar
walillahil hamd

Today is 12th DhulHijjah 1433 Hijri. We are still in Eidul Adha spirit. Alhamdulillah.

Many of us non-pilgrims are enjoying one meat dish after another. Surely we are thankful for the abundant supply of meat from the qurban ritual. Alhamdulillah. But let's not forget about our brothers and sisters who are in Mina at this moment. The blessed hujjaj are busy throwing pebbles at jamarat after jamarat, a significant and symbolic gesture of ridding themselves of mazmumah, mirroring the action of Prophet Ibrahim who threw stones at shaytan.

Let's spend this Eid weekend to contemplate on each devilish attribute of ours. The things we want to hit out at. Maybe it's a good idea to make a "hit list", so we remember what exactly we want to target with the pebbles, at all those jamarat when we make it to Mina for hajj InshaAllah.

It might look like this:
- The devil who enticed me to smoke/consume the haram.
- The devil who made my eyes linger on a woman's chest/bare legs.
- The devil who seduced me to flirt with non-muhram/commit zina.
- The devil who inflated my ego/pride.
- The devil who encouraged me to tell lies.
- The devil who motivated me to backbite/spread rumors.
- The devil who inspired me that it's ok to be lazy/delay my solat/zakat.
- The devil who disguised as my "good companion".
- The devil who tricked me into overspending.
- The devil who plotted my divorce/conflicts after conflicts.
- The devil who fanned my anger.
- The devil who fooled me into thinking I'm better than others.
And the list goes on...

May, by the help of Allah, our blood veins would be clear of satanic traces. 
Ameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment