Monday, November 18, 2013

Bismillah - Inching through life

Bismillah.

Astaghfirullah. May Allah forgive me for anything and everything, up to this very minute.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. This is my lame attempt to up the posting quantity in order to meet this year's blogging KPI. Inching my way just as we inch each second of our life, inching through this borrowed life through each breath, one at a time for we know not what's the total number of breaths Allah has allocated to each one of us. We are all mortals, we cannot be speaking arrogantly about life and death. Allah holds each one of us by the forelocks. "There is NO living creature which He does not hold by the forelock..." - Quran.

But I thought it's funny how some unfriendly readers of this blog also wished this weak blogger would meet her blogging KPI. They even regard this insignificant space as "world famous" LOL. Oh well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Allah...Allah...AZIZ...Allah...

Physical/tangible targets aside, what's more important is the quality, the niyyah behind each intention and action, that's the essence of things.

Allah...Allah...AZIM...Allah...

Being grateful for this lovely day, recording my gratitude for having a roof above my head, food to eat, good health, caring and loving family members and close friends, Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. Let's not forget to acknowledge each and every blessing.

Oh I am reminded of the wise sayings by the areefbillahs, that when you are afflicted by something negative that's a gift, that's Eid! That when people try to do you harm or backbite you, that's like free credits flowing into your akhirah bank account. Almost like passive income. Oh, suddenly I feel rich LOL.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the select few - my family and friends who have been praying for me - you know who you are! Very beautiful people you all are. May Allah in turn bless you and shower His abundant bounties on you and your family. Ameen.

I just hope I would be worthy enough to be your neighbor in akhirah. Imagine when we are finally there, we would be talking about the things we do here in this mad dunya and trying to do something good about it, trying to make some sense of it. Let's keep the end in mind. Let's hope for a good end. Let's pray for a good eternal outcome with the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam and the solehin.

Inna lillah wa inna ilai hiraji'un.
La hawla wala quwwata illah billah aliyil azeem.
Wassalamualaikum warahmatullah.


No comments:

Post a Comment