Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On trust and forgiveness

Bismillah.

At a training I attended recently, I learned a simple fact which my CEO emphasized. In our bid to become a trusted organization we cannot be telling people "hey, we are a trusted company, you can trust us." It is for people to judge whether we are trustworthy or not. Let it come from their mouth, not ours. Our job is just to do things which could bring about that trust we want people to have in us.

Yes, surely trust is precious and priceless. It is not easy to win people's trust. We must be dependable and reliable, almost all the time. To be a trusted brand means making people feel safe and secured when using our products or when dealing with us. That people are not being shortchanged or deceived in any manner. That's true everywhere else, not just in the corporate world because at the end of the day it's not just about business-to-consumers (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B), it all boils down to people-to-people. Of course it's not going to work with negative or bad people, save people with good values such as honesty. That's pretty basic but it's fundamentally important.

I remember my first key chain. It was made of plastic, red in color. You know as school students we just loved key chains, postcards and all the small, cheap, cute stuffs affordable to us. I had "honesty is the best policy" engraved on my first key chain and that phrase has stuck with me. May Allah grant us hidayah and tawfiq to be honest always.

Someone unfairly made a summation of me as a person saying: "To me, you have nothing except a house. That's the one and only asset you have." Oh well, I know some people take pride in owning lots of properties, but to me, I don't even own the house. Moreover, I'd like to think my asset is my heart. There are plenty of things in there to cherish, like having a clear conscience and not having ill intentions towards people. Alhamdulillah.  

Now coming back to trust. Trust is like forgiveness in a way because it is for people to feel it or offer it to you. You cannot be so arrogant in forcing people to say, for example: 'Shasha, say "I forgive you, regardless." LOL. Hello, you must be humble enough to know and admit your mistakes and ask for people's forgiveness, but not the other way around.

I am writing this especially for the young ones in my family who follow this blog. I am liking the young audience because they are innocent, truthful and straight. May Allah keep them pure and may Allah guide us "senior citizens" :)

  

p/s 
Cik H and En. K, cantik kan Haiku Deck ni? : D


No comments:

Post a Comment