Saturday, May 17, 2014

Defogging | Pettifogging



Bismillah.

Pardon me. Just need to let it out. This is another Saturday morning rambling. It's weekend all right but my vision is foggy. Can't see how I could complete a challenging work assignment. Wished I was as bright as the UC Berkeley or Stanford University students. 

When I was studying in California, that bridge in the picture, the San Francisco (SF) bridge - the Bay Area - used to be my playground. I missed the fog in SF; missed being driven around the hilly city; missed the clam chowder in bread-bowls at Fisherman's Wharf.

In case you are not familiar with the Bay Area, UC Berkeley is not too far from the bridge. The Zaytuna Institute headed by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is here too. I might have mentioned before that I went to the same uni as this uber articulate shaykh. Alhamdulillah I'd be happy if I could be a mere 5% like him.

Anyway, my vision is foggy. I need a defogger. I wish a mental-defogger is available OTC (over-the-counter). Can't get on with the task at hand if I can't stop pettifogging the unimportant side issues.

Pettifogging is a bad habit. It means to give undue emphasis on petty things. If you happen to live with someone who is a pettifogger, then that's bad news because it's tiring to be quibbling over trivial matters. It's boring to quarrel over trifles. It would be better to drop it and go make some other kind of trifles - dessert made of layers of sponge cake, fruits, custard and jelly. LOL.

Wish y'all a fun weekend.
If you care, do send some positive energy to me. 

Thanks.
Wassalam.           

p/s
I should recite the first du'a I learned from my late father:



No comments:

Post a Comment