Sunday, May 11, 2014

What shall I bring?

Bismillah.

If I may be utterly frank, a couple of nights ago, I was overcome by a state in which I was given a reminder of a known fact - that my days are numbered. We are all aware that with each breath we take, we come even closer to our 'appointment'.

Two questions that might pop up in the mind of most people: What shall I bring? What good will I have left behind?

Today's random read brought me to pages of a book by Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad about true love and metaphorical love. On page 67 of his book 'Love for Allah' he says: "At the time of death, the true reality of life becomes manifest before everyone. All infatuations end. All illusions fade. This is the final end of metaphorical love..."

In a chapter on the condition of the lovers of Allah in their graves, there is a story about Shaykh Yahya Muadh bin Razi and Abu Yazid Bustami (radhiallahu anh).

It was related that Shaykh Yahya had this to say: "Verily, great is the statement of my master, the blessed Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam: 'The world is a prison for the believer.' Tell me what can a prisoner bring from a prison?"


Allahu a'lam.
Until the day arrives, we are to plant whatever seeds we have at hand.
May Allah pardon our sins and grant us husnul khatimah.
Ameen.

______________
Credit: Faqir Publications     

No comments:

Post a Comment