Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rise above | Penang roots

Bismillah.

First and foremost, Dr. P know that I love and appreciate you. Yes, so true this saying you sent. We walk tall on our own two feet, we don't need to push people down in order to stand tall and look good. We speak from the heart and we speak our rights. We rise above.

By the way, I wonder if our enemies are still reading this "stupid blog". They better go get a life than hang around here. Glad to see the latest traffic report showing people coming here upon searching keywords related to knowledge and nothing to do with my sexy private photos LOL. 

Yes, we rise above. And we rise above from humble beginnings. Alhamdulillah. Am happy to share some photos of my roots. I grew up in a smallish flat. Small it might have been, I must credit my mother because our flat was very well decorated and well kept. Wished I could show photos of the interior taken in the late '70s. Maybe next time.

Flat Kampung Melayu, Penang
People are talking about the famous Kampung Melayu nasi kandar located on the ground floor of the flat. Proud to say that I had been enjoying it since I was 8! 



Nasi Kandar Kampung Melayu, Penang

And the best part is that we have Shaykh Omar Basheer Al-Khalidi as our guardian saint. Let's pray someone would champion a refurbishment project of the tomb complex which needs continual preservation.

Maqam Sheikh Omar Basheer Al-Khalidi
Kampung Melayu, Penang

p/s
To all my sayang. I love you. You know who you are :D

Note:
Sayang is a Malay term of endearment for a person's sweetheart.


No comments:

Post a Comment