Saturday, April 4, 2015

April Sunset in KL | Vietnam on my mind

Bismillah.




Subhanallah. That is Maghrib in my city ; )  KL it is.
That's April sunset. It's taken by yours truly on the 2nd of April.

I think if I were abroad and missing home and if someone were to show this photo to me, I might just cry. There is a Malay saying: Di mana bumi di pijak, di situ langit di junjung.

It basically means, one has to support and love the place where one lives. I simply love this city. Kuala Lumpur to me, has an understated elegance. It is unpretentious.

Here's wishing you a fabulous weekend no matter where you are. Weekend is business mixed with pleasure for me as I will be working on the next video for Al Falah TV. It's a short interview with Imam Musa of Masjid Al-Anwar on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh. Yes another Imam Musa.

This beautiful Saturday morning, go grab your coffee folks. Below pic is Imam Musa's coffee, by the way, it looks like a shot of Espresso to me. How chic his taste?


Of course, Vietnam as many of you already know, is a coffee country. The coffee there is simply supreme. But I'd say Vietnam is a "Coffee, Spring Rolls and Noodle Soup Country".

I am famish thinking about the late breakfast we had on the day we interviewed Imam Musa of Masjid Al-Anwar. It was in Kampung Melayu (Malay Village), at the residence of Aishah, a successful and popular young business woman in HCMC. 
Aishah
- big time clothing biz woman of HCMC.
Showed us some pretty telekung (prayer garment)
and hosted this sublime breakfast below. 
Iced Coffee and Noodle Soup (Pho)
at Kampung Melayu (Malay Village)
on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City.
It's common to have overloaded ice cubes
for Iced Coffee drinks.
That's how they serve it there.
Imam Musa
- Imam and Principal of Masjid & Madrasah Al Anwar
HCMC

Ah...Vietnam on my mind : )

No comments:

Post a Comment