Saturday, November 21, 2015

Blogger over the moon

Bismillah.




Never mind that there's something technically wrong about the above poster. Blogger is not under, but OVER the moon : )

I shared yesterday's blog post with a shaykh whom I admire. I had recently sat in his class and I have been communicating with him ever since but I never bothered to mention to him anything about this blog, until yesterday. All because of SFCVC -- the Sunnah Food Campaign - Video Competition.

Guess what he said?
"Is that your blog? MashaAllah. I have enjoyed reading it in the past and found it very witty. MashaAllah there is a lot of good stuff on that blog..."

Apparently, the shaykh remembered reading one posting I wrote about one Egyptian scholar. I sure hope he never stumbled on any of the merepek nonsense posting. LOL.

***
I also shared yesterday's blog post with a lady whom I interviewed for one of the videos for Al Falah TV. I never mentioned to her about this blog despite the fact that we've become quite close on mutual interests concerning majlis taálim. But because I needed to create awareness on SFCVC -- the Sunnah Food Campaign - Video Competition, so I shared a link to this blog.

Guess what she said?
"Ya Rabb, I first read the blog in 2011 while in Brisbane. Never thought that I would meet the real blogger!"

Her reply and that from the shaykh came in like one after another, within 5 minutes. OMG. What's the probability of meeting two blog readers by chance like that? OMG I'm over the moon.

***

When I was going for LASIK treatment, someone opined that I should tell the doctor about Lisan al-Din. I said: "Nahhh it's not me. I never introduce myself as a blogger. There are millions of bloggers out there. It's common for anyone to have a blog." But now two years on since the LASIK surgery, I secretly wish the doctor knows that this blog is doing quite well promoting her craft : )

One management guru says: quality is when you do your best even when no one is watching.

I say, the joy of writing lies in knowing that no one is watching me write as I write. LOL.

I know it sounds silly like a paradox but it's true.

I humbly take this opportunity to say thank you for all your positive feedback regarding this insignificant space we both share, albeit virtual, it's pretty intimate, eh?
   
Ever yours,
-E-

Alhamdulillahillazi hamdan yuwafi 
ni'amahu wayukafi u mazidah


No comments:

Post a Comment