Monday, January 25, 2016

Blooming hearts | Guest House

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillahi hamdan yuwafi niámahu wa yukafi u mazidah

May Allah grant enormous blessings to my guests who had travelled several hundred miles and went straight home after having left me with plenty of knowledge, a dozen of precious books and lots of love.

Amazing how Allah could move people's hearts to offer such kind gestures to one another.

My lovelies, I just wanted you to know that the lillies are blossoming pretty. Just as my heart has blossomed with fond memories of the beautiful morning we shared.

Perhaps, for once I should be selfish and not share much of what we shared LOL.
And yes certainly when it comes to spending the special hours with the Lord, we ought to shut everything else up and be selfish. 

This I quote from one of the books that travelled hundreds of miles with my guests to my house:

"This being human, is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they are a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, still treat each guest honorably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond. "
- The Essential Rumi    

***

Although I am in agreement with that sayings of Rumi, know that I will no longer entertain any offers from married men who volunteer themselves for any of my projects; or write to me for whatsoever reasons/intentions, unless they can show a written consent from their wives, upfront. LOL. Spare me the headache and nonsense, guys!

And, one married man (an ustaz) actually asked me for some financial contribution to go for umrah with his newly wedded wife! Helloo....I don't have a husband to care for me and I work two jobs, round the clock, OK! I honestly think that married men [who work in the religious field especially] should work harder and not bother single women like me, for God's sake.

And no, man, you need not inform me if your wife's/daughter's waters have broken or if your wife has reached menopause. LOL.


Guest house after the guests have left
- hearts blooming happy like those lillies  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment