Monday, August 7, 2017

Slay thy Monday | Mind your time

Bismillah.

Yeah...honor thy father and thy mother, and slay thy Monday.
Make them proud. They wouldn't want to see you defeated by Mondays. They wouldn't want to see you defeated on any day, for that matter.

Have a productive and pleasant week guys.

I am excited about this week cos I gotta couple of lessons left til I complete my Quranic Tajweed lessons. Alhamdulillah. Bi iznillah.

I read from a friend's FB page about a pious Malaysian woman who died at a mosque in KL between Maghrib and Isha with the Quran firmly clasped in her hands. According to her family and friends, she was istiqamah in her passion and commitment for the Quran. She was a Ph.D. holder, an Associate Professor who dressed pretty normal (no niqab) I mean no way you could have guessed the degree of her taqwa. Not that a person's taqwa is as grand as her jilbab/his beard or whatever. She was one who made full use of her time on things that count - the Quran and doing good to people.

I am ashamed of myself as I write about her. I am not minding my time as wisely as I should. I just want to make an intention - to be like her, to be clingy to the Quran, to be busy slaying the pages of the Holy Book at a faster speed than my fingers could scroll the phone. It's not going to be easy. But the fact remains that time is like a knife if you don't cut it, it cuts you.




No comments:

Post a Comment